How To Open a Personal Bank account / Non-Resident Bank Account in Dubai
A personal bank account is an account for use by an individual for that person’s own needs. Personal bank account in Dubai refers to one’s account at the bank that is used for non-business purposes.
An individual- resident in Dubai or non-resident in Dubai is also eligible for a private/ personal bank account in Dubai. Most of the banks in the Dubai UAE allow non-residents to open only a Savings Account and not a Current Account. Non- residents are not able to attain a cheque book however, non-residents will be given a debit card to withdraw the money. As a non-resident, will be subject to a minimum and/or maximum balance.
Conditions & Requirements for opening personal bank account in Dubai for non-residents as follows;
- Applicant presence is mandatory in Dubai/UAE
- Passport copy with UAE entry page
- Profile of the applicant (CV)
- Original bank reference letter from the personal / company bank account of the applicant from the country of origin or anywhere in the world (requirement varies bank to bank . mentioned document is advisable)
- Original latest six months personal bank statement from the country of origin or anywhere in the world. (If applicant have only company account then latest six month bank statement and also provide the Legal documents from the company proofing his ownership or share)
- Most of the banks in Dubai / UAE requires USD 100,000 as monthly average balance to open non -resident personal account in Dubai / UAE.